Tuesday, October 15, 2013

And so it begins...again

I always wanted to start blogging, journaling, documenting, what have you, about my life. I really enjoy the idea of being able to relive a moment later on but I have a less than impressive memory.
I can remember the more milestone moments in life, but I want to hold onto the little moments that happen from time to time that I wouldn't want to let fall through the cracks of my memory.

I recently attended a student organization conference (SASE National Conference 2013) in Philly. I picked a workshop called How Web Technology Creates Limitless Opportunities for Success held by speaker John Saddington. He was as he would put it, badass, and indeed he was. There aren't many times a speaker's presentation can resonate with me, but he sees the value in each individual's passion, and not the typical skills they'd showcase on a resume.

He's motivated me to actually start blogging and highlighted the importance of having an online existence, to create your personal brand on the wonderful thing that is the internet.

He encourages people to take whatever passion it is they have, be it gaming, or baking, and use it to identify oneself.

John, thank you. I'm very relieved to know that there are people out there who think the interests we have in life, even if it's not directly related to our career paths, are important and valuable. Man, I wish all managers can be like you. It'd make this whole almost-graduating anxiety go away.

Thank you for your insights and wisdom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment